Festive Gin Smash
- • 200mL sparkling water
- • For the lychee layer:
- • 3oz canned lychees, drained
- • 1 cup of ice cubes
- • 90mL of gin (about 3 shots)
- • For the strawberry layer:
- • About 500g of strawberries
- • 2 tbsp maple syrup
- • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- • 1 tsp vanilla extract
- • Half lemon juice
- • Pinch of lemon juice
- • For the mint layer:
- • 1 cup of crushed ice
- • 30 mint leaves, finely chopped
- • Fizz cold fresh water with SodaStream Sparkling Water Maker.
- • Place ingredients for the lychee layer in a blender & process until consistency is similar to a slushie.
- • Place strawberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, lemon juice and salt in a glass jar.
- • Using a muddler, crush and soften the strawberries and spices to release the flavors & aroma.
- • Mix crushed ice and mint in a small bowl.
- • To serve, divide the lychee mixture equally between two 400ml capacity stemless glasses.
- • Top with mint and crushed ice.
- • Top each glass with 100ml SodaStream sparkling water. Enjoy!
Recipe credits: www.cookrepublic.com